Monday, January 24, 2011

A Beautiful Dress. Or Four.

I understand that this blog on the tail of my last one (you know, with the whole bit about being frugal) may seem to drip with hypocroisy. But the truth is, that it all ties in. With the money I saved on coffee in one month, I bought 4 dresses that will soon be keeping me comfortable, cool, and classy on a beach in Kauai.

Behold:



(#1) A beautiful black (yes, the image is decieving) halter dress from White House Black Market. Perfect for slipping on over a bikini on the way to and from an afternoon of snorkeling on ke'e beach. Can easily transition into lunch out by simply stripping away said bikini top, tousling hair, and throwing in a flower. Beautiful. I love it.



(#2) More beautiful beachwear. Casual enough to throw on over swimwear, or to wear at the resort resturant with a pair of dressed up flip-flops and a cool necklace. This one is American Eagle.



(#3) Another American Eagle dress. This one will not see the inside of a resturant unless we are going to a fish taco or shave ice stand. But it will dry quickly and the empire waist tie is going to be really flattering.




(#4) WHBM red halter dress. I'm thinking appropriate evening wear when paired with heels & gold bangles.



There are very few things that I go as crazy for when shopping as a good summer dress. I love looking in the off-season because I manage to hook things for great prices, and then I get to take it easy and browse as the summer draws near...no frantic searching for the "perfect" vacation dress! Only 6 months 'till vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment