Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dresses: The Reality

So...sad news on my dress-buying activity. Remember the dresses I posted not so long ago? The ones that led me to boast about my deal-finding abilities? They all sucked. I sent all of them back save one, which had a "no return" rule on it. I will attempt to have it tailored.

The others were complete failures for a variety of reasons. The most hilarious being the presence of a "death star crevace" in the way the fabric fell down my rear end. (So deemed by my boyfriend). It was bad.

So...I spent a few weekends actually trying on merchandise and this is what I came up with:


A romantic mid-calf rose-print dress:
(I have a long locket in the mail from Etsy to pair with this)



A tube dress to wear over my new bikini when we go sailing out to a snorkeling site:



And a bohemian dress that will look incredible with a brown belt and some gladiator sandals:



I rounded things out with a cute boho skirt that looks great paired with a little gray tank top (thanks to yoga my abs are looking good enough that it will look great paired with a bikini top):



Finally, a new bikini (because lets face it, you're in one every day in Hawaii so taking at least 3 is necessary...)



Remind me not to shop online. Even when ordering shoes I send 80% of what I order back.

1 comment: