Thursday, April 15, 2010

From start to finish...

Recipe of choice from The Tillamook Cookbook:
















I cooked something!! And it was amazing--I had friends over and everybody loved it. I wish I would've taken photos of the prep, too, because you can not believe how much of a pain in the ass cooking a "fancy" chicken pot pie is. I already have a requests in to cook it again, so I'm going to have to start learning how to speed various parts of the process up...

Update: This was a post that I wrote over 1 year ago. For some reason, I didn't publish it. But--as an update--I have since been collecting cookbooks and trying to expand upon my cullinary skills. This pot pie was actually Thanksgiving Dinner this year, the recipe is amazing and has become a favorite!! I've made some modifications for more spice.

It is nice to have time to focus on these developmental tasks of adulthood. Cooking an awesome meal is way more fulfilling that you'd think. Cooking an awesome meal that someone (self) with primarily vegetarian preferences AND someone (significant other) with meat and potatoe preferences BOTH enjoy is always cause for celebration in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment