Saturday, May 21, 2011

That's it. I'm insane.

"The very definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results." ~Philip Mangano

Yesterday I drank a diet coke at lunch & didn't fall asleep until midnight. Today I drank a split shot latte. Last week I had 2 double lattes. Once to intentionally fuel a cleaning spree. My heart raced as I laid in bed cursing my poor decision making.

All of these experiences have had 2 consistent results: Insomnia & mild tremor. Every time I think, "Must have been a fluke!"

I hope that it's not permanent, but I seem to have completely lost my ability to tolerate caffeine. Perhaps since I began drinking coffee at age 5 or so, and was completely dependent for at least 10 years of my life, I have just burnt out my poor receptors. Or maybe I have too much going on in my life right now & don't need a stimulant. That is far too rational of an explanation.

Decaf really does taste awful...and I gave up alcohol 1 month ago. What is a girl to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment