Monday, June 13, 2011

We're ready for summer!

With my promotion wrapped up and endless hours of prepping for that (and worrying about it) freed up, I turned my attention to creating a serene "back yard" that we could enjoy throughout the summer. Quotes because we have no grass back there, only a garden and patio area.

Thanks to the recent additions of a Weber barbecue and an umbrella for our patio set (thanks Mom & Dad!) it is looking pretty awesome. This weekend we marinated chicken and had grilled chicken salads. It is so nice to not heat up the house with cooking. The grill will pay for itself in no time with how much we'll save on not eating out.



Cherry tomatoes, flowers, basil (soon), and strawberries:



A mint take-over!! I need to transplant before it chokes out all of my flowers.

1 comment: