Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Mostly Great Weekend

This weekend we took a mini-vacation that was so awesome it had me dancing like this:


(I was asked to "dance like a white girl").

We met up with a few old friends of my fiance's and went to the shooting range. It was my first experience with an assault rifle and I LOVED it! Shooting can be incredibly therapeutic for me. The loud noise, the smell of gunpowder, the silly displays of masculinity...it adds up to a pretty great experience.



(We "found" some combat calibre armor at the range and tested it with a .556 at 100 yards).

The weekend was really only soiled at the very end, when we happened upon food poisoning (presumably at a BBQ we attended). That took us out of the game for 2 days while we thanked our decision to get a home with 2 bathrooms & napped in between episodes vomiting through the nose (and equally terrible unmentionables).

It was still worth it. I got to meet some of my fiance's high school friends, and they are great. I feel very at home with them (the inappropriate humor, cursing like sailors, etc.,) and we had a lot of fun together. Of note, I pulled out a pretty positive showing during Halo: Reach & proudly represented girl gamers for the boys.

The part that I am feeling most regretful about is that I haven't been able to do Ashtanga this week. I was sick for 2 days of practice, terribly dehydrated for 1, and will miss practice today, as well. We'll be with friends all weekend, so I will miss weekend practice, as well. Last week I was proclaiming my love of 3+ days of consecutive practice to my fiance...my body felt great and my mind felt clear. I'm hoping that I will be able to jump back in next week.

Have I mentioned how great it feels to not be so worried about work....?

No comments:

Post a Comment