Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Apparently, I operate well with lists.

Two more mini-goals down. The first: You can't lose 10 lbs if you don't know what your baseline is. I took the plunge and stood on a scale. It was a sad moment, but now I know the baseline and I can get to work. The second: Looked for a great lentil soup recipe to (a) support my weightloss goal (low-calorie and low-cost lunch!) and to (b) make some progress toward that goal of finding 2 great lentil recipes. This was a curried lental soup: Leekes, celery, carrot, diced potato, lots of fresh diced garlic and curry powder, and salt. Boiled with bay leaf for about 20 minutes and it tastes amazing. I'm putting it on the list, but I'm sure there are better lentil recipes out there. I'm looking forward to finding them because this is seriously enough soup for the whole week and the ingredients probably cost a total of $8 (all organic, even).
(BTW - it tastes SO much better than it looks...)

No comments:

Post a Comment