Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hats from San Francisco in the 40's...

My favorite: A flirty little number for Fall... (tag reads "Austelle Fashion")



Close runner up for my personal favorites, the tag reads: "designed Monte Rey in california"



The most extravagant, but no tag to be found:



The most surprising number of the bunch (to me). A sexy, mysterious hat. Tag reads: "City of Paris. Paris - New York - San Francisco."



The most demure hat of the bunch, this hat is also missing a tag:



*sigh* Sadly, Purchased later in her life, this one is faux fur and made in China. But it was fun to imagine that it, too, was a SF original...



And finally, as a shout out to my Grandpa:



...I hope that his military hats aren't thrown away. The family planned on discarding his WW2 uniforms, but my father salvaged them.

1 comment: