Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm Pretty Much a Bad-Ass

Although I don't have photographic evidence, I attended my first Bridal Fair last weekend in an effort to start cranking off some of this wedding planning. Now in addition to having selected our venue, we've selected our caterer, linens, silver, china/glassware, and centerpieces. We've also discovered some rad discounts through my workplace, so in addition to being beautiful, our wedding shouldn't break the bank (that is, it shouldn't come anywhere CLOSE to the $20,000 - $30,000 currently spent on most weddings). I was glad to be one of only a few brides-to-be who was accompanied to the show by my fiance. Onto my reason for writing this post. I knocked something off my list: Active lunch. Yeah, it was only one, but I had been fearing it for a long time: The 2-mile trail behind my workplace.
It looks terrifying, right? Many employees walk or run during lunch. I had never been on it and feared the following: Seeing co-workers and feeling obligated to chat, seeing co-workers and sweating like a hog, getting lost my first time and being really late back to my office, not having adequate time to change back into business clothes, not having time at my desk to eat anything substantial, etc., etc. It turns out that the trail is BEAUTIFUL, I didn't see anyone I knew, and I had time for lunch after running it. Also, I've signed up for a yoga class offered by my workplace that runs over lunch. I figure that with that on the schedule I'll be sure to have at least one active lunch, and with my new-found love of this trail, maybe even two!!
This was a good first item to pick. Quick to tackle and I'm feeling good about the rest of the list. My workplace is offering a financial planning class free to employees next week, and I've got myself scheduled for it. I'm going to crank out a good portion of this list while I'm still in my 20's. So yeah, I'm pretty much a bad-ass.

1 comment: