Tuesday, March 29, 2011

21 Days of Gratitude Experiment - Day 1

I have been reading a lot about the transformative power of writing down an expression of gratitude on a regular basis. One author advocates for 21 days of gratitude: for around 5 minutes a day, sit and reflect on things that you are grateful for.

Today?

I am grateful that my commute to and from work was uneventful.
I am grateful to live in the home that I do - it is so accessible & the perfect size.
I am grateful for a quiet neighborhood, and a quiet next-door duplex resident
I am grateful for friends who are available when I need a listening ear.
I am grateful for a cat with a strong personality.

That list probably took more than 5 minutes. I wasn't looking for things to be grateful for today, and I spent a good portion of the day feeling out of sorts. Here's hoping tomorrow's list comes a little quicker....

No comments:

Post a Comment